We are continuing to see emergencies as needed. We are also training and preparing the office to reopen Wednesday, May 13. While the risks for Covid 19 continue, social distancing seems to have slowed the spread in our area. Our decision to reopen was not taken lightly. We weighed the risk of exposure versus the need for dental treatment. We decided it was best to open while taking extra measures to ensure the virus does not enter or spread within our office. The following is our new protocol to help keep everyone safe and prevent the spread of the virus:
1. Our staff will conduct a health assessment when scheduling your visit.
2. Our waiting room will not be open. Patients will need to pull into our parking lot and wait in their cars. Once you are parked, please call our office at 864-338-6589 from your car informing us that you have arrived for your appointment. Over the telephone we will complete another brief health assessment.
3. After the health assessment is complete, you will be asked to wait in your car until the operatory is ready. At that time, we will call you and request that you enter the building. To reduce the number of people in the building, we ask that only patients with scheduled appointments enter the office during appointment times. One adult can accompany children and patients with special needs.
4. Upon entering the building, one of our staff members will take your temperature using a forehead-scanning thermometer.
5. Patient appointments will be staggered during the day to prevent close interaction between patients. Only one patient will be allowed in the checkout area at a time.
6. Staff members will be disinfecting the bathrooms and checkout areas every hour. All operatories and equipment will be sterilized between each patient as they have always been.
7. Our staff members will have their temperatures taken every morning before interacting with patients.
We know these are unusual and uncertain times. We encourage everyone to take precautions to protect themselves and our community. Our goal is to provide the best dental care while prioritizing the safety of you and our staff members. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Thank you for your help,
Joseph Paradise Belton Comprehensive Dentistry Beltondental.net